Looking to make a difference in the world? Want to
fight for social justice? Interested in the law?
CHRCL is the place for you!
descriptions of our various projects and the
specific work we need done on each. If you are
interested in volunteering or interning with one of
these projects please fill out the volunteer
application form at the bottom and we will get back
to you as soon as possible.
|California Prisoners in Solitary
- Review, scan, file, and help research and/or draft
responses to communications from several hundred
prisoners in segregated isolation.
- Help research civil rights groups, faith-based
groups, and other significant individuals/groups that
may support the effort to end the widespread use of
segregated isolation of prisoners in California.
- Draft correspondence to elected officials and other
government officials regarding the need to change
California’s policy on the use of segregated
- Research what other states and countries have done
to avoid the widespread use of segregated solitary
confinement and help draft alternatives for
- Draft editorials and op-ed pieces addressing
California’s policy and available alternative models.
Lawsuit Challenging DOMA
- public opinion and support building
- includes writing letters and emails, making phone
calls and doing research
- focusing on religious, business and political
- update the database with current resources,
information and documents pertaining to domestic
- cleaning/house maintenance
- participating in field trips
* will require a background check
Human Rights and Constitutional Law Websites: